Monday, March 23, 2009

Republican transition

I was one of those who were fooled by the Republican revolution's, "compassionate conservatism" when Bush 2 was running for president.

Back then, I felt that banning abortion and a constitutional amendment against homosexual marriage were the 2 most important things ever.

While I am still against abortion and against homosexual marriage, I now know that the government cannot and will not solve these problems. But let me be clear, I know that HUMAN government as we know it today cannot and will not solve these problems.

Its funny to me to see all of these former republican cheerleaders NOW on the side of liberty. Folks like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, Mike Savage, etc., are now on the lookout for the new world order. For some reason, they have no idea that they were some of the busiest constructors of this monstrosity. All of these guys were pro-Iraq War, Pro-Patriot Act., Pro-constitution shredding. I think the only reason they are now on liberty's side is because it pays well, today. This will continue until a Republican is back in the presidency. Then its back to the same 'ol same 'ol.

I believe God blessed this country as he has many others. He has allowed this nation to exist and allowed us to create a near perfect form of government. We've been spared from the worst of the dictatorships and bloody wars for the most part. But, as Israel and countless other nations have done, we squandered our own blessings.

I am a believer in Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ will return one day, maybe sooner than later, and set up his kingdom on this earth. It destined to spread throughout the universe. I doubt there'll be any discussion of abortion, gay marriage, a constitution or anything of the sort.

I cant wait!

No comments: